This morning we talked about the heart of Abraham vs. the heart of Lot. Interesting study from Genesis 13-14. Here’s our setlist from this morning:
- “Awesome Is the Lord Most High” (Chris Tomlin and others)
- One of my favorite songs to use at the start of a service – high energy, gets people thinking about the greatness of God.
- “Matchless” (Aaron Shust)
- Our electric guitar player Zack did a great job on the lead part! Way to go!
- “Give Us Clean Hands” (Charlie Hall)
- I pulled this one out of the files for this week. It’s been a few years since we’ve done it, but it’s a great song to do as a prayer of repentance, commitment to living a holy life. People really responded well to this one.
- “You Alone Can Rescue” (Matt Redman)
- Our new song for the week. I love this song – the melody is so easy to pick up, and the bridge is great!
After the message, we also had Communion, so during Communion we did:
- “Sweetly Broken” (Jeremy Riddle)
- A great song that focuses on the cross. It was so cool to see Eric, one of our WT singers do the solo on this one today. It was his first time singing a solo on our team. He has an amazing testimony, and it’s just so cool to see changed lives!!
- “At the Cross” (Reuben Morgan and Darlene Zschech)
- Our drummer, Christina, actually had to fill in on the solo for this one. She got the call at 7:00 a.m. when another of our singers wasn’t able to make it in. Great job, Chris!