I’m sorry this is so late this week, but we’ve been on vacation this week, and I’m just getting a chance to enter this now. We had an eventful morning, beginning right away at 6:00 a.m., when I arrived and checked our WorshipStream site, which I always do, just to make sure everything looks good. Well, this morning, instead of seeing our WorshipStream site, there was a big error message! But, as my experience has been, they were right on top of it, and the site was back up in time for our first service (with only seconds to spare, but it was up!). Another highlight was introducing “Here For You”, a new song from the latest Passion album. This recap is part of the Sunday Setlists blog carnival at The Worship Community.
Pastor Tim continued his walk through Romans, with a message from Romans 3-4 called “How Good Do I Need To Be To Get To Heaven?” It’s nice to have some really good, strong solid themes to work around in this series! The video of the service didn’t turn out this week, but you can see the Planning Center details for this service.
“Here For You” (Matt Maher, Matt Redman, Jesse Reeves, Tim Wanstall)
– This is a new song from the new Here For You album from Passion. It’s a great call to worship, and it was a great way to start the service! The original is in Db, but we did it in Bb. It gets kind of low on the first verse, but we just changed the last note in the verse and the rest of the song was fine! If you’re not familiar with this one yet, check it out!
“My Savior Lives” (Jon Egan and Glenn Packiam)
– One of our church’s and team’s favorites!
“Majesty (Here I Am)” (Stuart Garrard and Martin Smith)
– This is a classic, but one we haven’t done for a while. Eric did a great job on the first verse, and I sat down this week and figured out the little lick on the instrumental, which I played on the keyboard.
“Your Grace Is Enough” (Matt Maher)
– This was a nice way to close out the service following the message on God’s grace!
Cafe Connection Service
Zack led the the team this week in the Cafe, and I love the flavor that this service is taking on! There’s a lot of freedom and creativity, and each week is filled with surprises! We’re involving more people in different ways than we ever did before we added this service, and it gives people the chance to serve in unique and creative ways!
You may have seen the video I included last week where we did some experimenting with the percussion. Well, this week Jake brought out a new toy, with the tambourine on a high hat stand, which he played at the same time as the mandolin. We also were short one singer this week, so Adam, who also leads in the Cafe but was on Sound this week, played the cajon and sang from the back this week and mixed himself in to the main mix. I thought it sounded great – you can get a little glimpse in the video below. You can also see the Planning Center details for this service.
“Famous One” (Jesse Reeves and Chris Tomlin)
“Hallelujah to My King” (Paul Baloche and Brenton Brown)
“It Is You” (Peter Furler)
“Rock of Ages You Will Stand” (Paul Baloche and Brenton Brown)
This service had a stressful start, but once we got going, everything was fine. Our Worship Stream site was down until about 5 seconds before we started, so I made it to the piano literally with 1 second on our countdown to spare. Whew! Thanks to the team for still making it a seamless morning! You can see the Planning Center details for this service.
“Majesty” (Jack Hayford)
“O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing”
“Grace Greater Than Our Sin”
“Grace Alone” (Scott Wesley Brown and Jeff Nelson)
– This was a song that I thought fit so well with the theme, although people weren’t familiar with it. We did it more as a special during the offering. Great job Rick and Howard on the solos!
“Wonderful Grace of Jesus”