- “We Are Saved” (Paul Baloche, Ben Fielding, Reuben Morgan)
- This was a new song we introduced today, from Paul Baloche’s new CD. We’ve done quite a few songs from that album. At first, I actually wasn’t sure if this one would work, since the verses aren’t that easy to sing, in my opinion. Today we did the song as a special at the start of the service, so we’ll see how it works next week when we add the congregation. As I worked on the song, though, throughout the week, I really started to like it! It says what the church should want to say!
- “Salvation is Here” (Joel Houston)
- “One Thing Remains” (Christa Black, Brian Johnson, Jeremy Riddle)
- Week 2 for this song here, and already people seemed to really be connecting with it. Great song!
- “Promises” (Jared Anderson)
- A great way to end our service, after a message on God’s grace and the promises of God.
I had a couple firsts today! I recently purchased an iPad for use at church, and today was the first day I put it to use on a Sunday morning. I used the Music Stand app from Planning Center Online today, replacing my book filled with sheet music. It automatically pulled up the sheet music for each song linked to my plan for today in Planning Center. The only problem I had with it is that it was so small! I messed up a few times because I couldn’t see the words and chords. But, overall, it worked great!
Today was also the first day that we used You Version Live! I’ve been playing around with it this week, trying to figure out how to use it on a Sunday morning. More and more people are using their phone or tablet during the message, so this program really adds a lot to their experience! I just tried it as a test run with a couple people besides me. I set up the program Saturday night, based off of Pastor Tim’s message transcript, including all the Scripture references, main points, and even a poll question. It was so slick! As PT gave his message, we could just follow along and all of those elements were right there. You could also take notes, and since it’s linked to your account, you can go online to see them anytime, or email them to yourself.
You can see the video and Planning Center details for this service.
Zack on the electric, with Elias on drums
Bekah, Brenda and Rick on vocals, with Dennis on Bass
Barry on keys with Zack on electric
The whole team!
Cafe Connection Service
I had the chance to lead in the Cafe this morning, along with a great team of people! It was bittersweet though, because Bruce and Georgine, a couple who has served on the worship ministry for many years, are moving away, and this was their last week on the team. You can see the Planning Center details
for this service.
Georgine on her last day in the Cafe, with Denise
Bruce on his last day on Easy Worship, and Curt on sound
The Cafe Service singing “Never Once”
Aaron on guitar in the Cafe
- Praise Him! Praise Him!
- My Hope is in the Lord
- And Can It Be?
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- Standing On the Promises
Since I was leading in the Cafe, Rick led the Traditional Service this morning, along with another great team! It was so nice to have Dee back on the piano! You can watch the video
of this service and see the Planning Center details
Rick leading worship
Paul and Annette, husband and wife, singing a duet
Dee on piano
This post is part of the Sunday Setlists blog at The Worship Community, where worship leaders share recaps and setlists from today. This is a special week at TWC, as they celebrate the 200th consecutive week of Sunday Setlists! As a special way to celebrate, they asked us to include pictures of today’s services. Hopefully you enjoy seeing pics from each our services above. Hope you all had a great Sunday!